Carroll Community Bank takes safeguarding your personal and financial information very seriously. While Carroll Community Bank takes many precautions to safeguard your information you should also be aware of potential threats to "Identity Theft".
As you know, crimes like identity theft, computer hacking, telemarketing fraud and email fraud are unfortunately all too common today. One of the ways criminals carry out such activities is by posing as a representative of a company you currently do business with. The identity thief can get your personal information by many means, both technology based and people based, including:
- Stealing your purse or wallet
- Stealing your mail box such as bank statements and pre-approved credit card applications
- Do not have your Driver's License number or Social Security number imprinted on your personal checks
- Observing your transactions at automated teller machines or store checkout terminals to capture your personal identification number (PIN)
- Going through trash for credit card receipts or loan applications
Here are a few simple steps to always keep in mind:
- Do not share your User ID or Pass-code with anyone.
- Never disclose personal information to anyone who should not have access to your accounts. This would include information such as your Social Security number, credit card numbers, bank account numbers or any personal identification numbers (PIN). (Please note: If you call Carroll Community Bank, we may ask for your Social Security Number as verification.)
- Report lost or stolen checks or bank cards immediately.
- Store new and cancelled checks in a secure location.
- Memorize your personal identification number. And, whenever you select your own PIN, never use information that could be readily found in your wallet or purse, such as your house number or date of birth.
- Web Banking is a great resource for monitoring your accounts. You have direct access to your accounts and transactions 24 hours a day with any Internet connection.
- Review monthly financial statements promptly and report any discrepancies immediately. Never ignore suspicious charges on your statements. If doubtful or unauthorized charges appear on your bills or statements, call immediately to resolve the discrepancy.
- If regular bills or statements stop coming to you, take action. Call the company's customer service number. Someone may have filed a false change-of-address notice to divert your mail.
- Retain all receipts from ATM, debit and credit card transactions until they have been reconciled to your statements. When you’re ready to dispose of them, make sure your account number is not readable.
- Be sure to sign new bankcards immediately.
- Do not carry, on a routine basis, important documents you do not need on a daily basis, such as your Social Security card, passport or birth certificate. If lost or stolen, an identity thief could use them. Carry them only as needed.
- Destroy cards you no longer use, making sure the numbers are not recognizable.
- Shred unnecessary financial documents, including old bank statements, invoices, and unwanted pre-approved credit offers.
- Question emails or phone inquiries that appear to be suspicious. Unless you initiated the contact.
- Carroll Community Bank will never have a third party call you regarding your loan or account with us.
If you believe you have been a victim of fraud related to your accounts with Carroll Community Bank, notify us immediately at 1.866.293.1968, so that we can take action to help you. If you think you may have been a victim of identity theft, you can contact each of the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union) and contact local law enforcement agency and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at 1.877.438.4338.
|Personal Savings Accounts|
|Power Savings||.05 to .25|
|Kids Count Savings||.05|
Personal Money Markets
|Classic Money Market**||.05 to .40|
|Select Money Market||.05 to .40|
Personal Checking Accounts
|Platinum Checking||.05 to .20|
|Premium Power Package Account||.75|
Certificate of Deposit / IRA CDs
|6 Month CD||.15|
|12 Month CD||.25|
|15 Month CD||.35|
|18 Month- Add On CD***||.40|
|24 Month CD Penalty Free||.75|
|30 Month CD||.50|
|36 Month CD||.75|
|48 Month CD||1.00|
|60 Month CD||1.26|