Phishing is a technique used to gain personal information for the purposes of Identity Theft, using fraudulent email messages, phone messages, and instant messages that appear to come from their financial institution or legitimate businesses. These messages can look and sound authentic. They may also contain authentic logos and taglines designed to fool recipients into providing personal data such as account numbers, credit card numbers, and social security numbers.
Most often the message will state that the recipient’s attention is needed immediately and provides a link to click on to verify their personal information. If these thieves obtain enough personal data, they can make purchases on another person’s credit card or even steal that person’s identity.
Tips to Protect Yourself from Phishing Scams:
- Never respond to any messages requesting personal financial information
- Never click on Hyperlinks within emails if you believe it may be fraudulent; the hyperlink may contain a virus
- Use SPAM Filter Software
- Use Anti-Virus Software
- Use a Personal Firewall
- Keep Software Updated (operating systems and web browsers)
- Always look for "https://" and padlock on legitimate web sites that require the input of personal information
- Keep your computer clean from Spyware
- Educate yourself of fraudulent activity on the Internet
- Check & monitor your credit report regularly
- Seek advice if you are unsure about phishing.
- Delete emails before opening them if you receive an email from anyone that you do not recognize
If you believe the email you received is fraudulent, and that you may be a target or victim of a phishing or other scam related to your accounts at Carroll Community Bank, please notify us immediately at 1.866.293.1968 so that we may assist you in this matter.
You may also report fraudulent emails to the Federal Trade Commission by calling 1-877-IDTHEFT.
|Personal Savings Accounts|
|Power Savings||.05 to .40|
|Kids Count Savings||.05|
Personal Money Markets
|Classic Money Market**||.05 to .55|
|Select Money Market||.10 to .60|
Personal Checking Accounts
|Platinum Checking||.10 to .40|
|Senior Plus Checking||.10|
Certificate of Deposit / IRA CDs
|6 Month CD||.15|
|12 Month CD||.25|
|15 Month CD||.30|
|18 Month- Add On CD***||.35|
|24 Month CD Penalty Free||.40|
|30 Month CD||.50|
|36 Month CD||.55|
|48 Month CD||.80|
|60 Month CD||1.00|